Setting Up an POP3 Email Account
1. From the Home screen, tap the Application button.
2. Tap the Email icon.
3. If this is your first email account, you will be presented with an email setup screen. Tap the Next button. Otherwise, press the Menu button, and tap the Add Account button.
4. In the “Type your account email address” box, enter your full email address, e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. In the second box, enter your email account password.
6. Tap the “Manual setup” button.
7. Tap the “POP account” button.
8. Enter the following information in the spaces provided:
- Username—Enter your full email address.
- Password—Enter your email account password.
- POP server—Enter the name of the secure email server
- Port—Enter the secure port number: 995
- Security type—Select the security: None
9. Tap the Next button.The device will connect to the internet and check your incoming settings.
On the “Outgoing server settings” screen, enter the following information in the spaces provided:
- SMTP server—Enter the name of the email server: mail.domain name
- Port—Enter the port number: 2525
- Security type—Select the security: SSL (None) Note: Ensure Port is still 2525.
If your email address were email@example.com your domian would be hotmail.com
11. Tap the “Require sign-in” checkbox.
12. In the Username box, enter your full email address.
13. In the Password box, enter your email account password.
14. Tap the Next button.The device will connect to the internet and check your outgoing settings.
15. On the “Account options” screen, select your “Email checking frequency.”
Note: This frequency will impact battery life.
16. Tap the “Notify me when email
arrives” checkbox to see an alert on the status bar when you
have new email.
17. Name your account as desired.
18. Enter your name as you want it displayed in email.